18/10/2009

The Fad - Kill Punk Rock Stars (2007)



Don't let the terrible cover art fool you, this right here is a gem of an album. I'm not sure about you, but I find a lot of ska-punk bands are too over-produced and (for lack of a better/real word) "horny" these days. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love first wave and second wave ska and I know why horns are forever present in the genre...but you'd think there'd be a few more bands that just played straight up ska-punk like Operation Ivy. But no, most of the big names have a billion horns tooting as they shout about sticking it to the man, and frankly it just doesn't work for me.

Thank goodness for The Fad, eh? Not entirely without the odd trumpet or sax, The Fad are an awesome fast paced ska-punk band hailing from Long Island, NY. The great thing about these guys is their simplicity, seriously, I have nothing else to tell you about these guys - they're THAT simple. They just strum a few guitars, bang a few drums, pluck a few basslines and blow the ocassional horn.

Whether you dig the likes of Catch 22 and Operation Ivy or just enjoy the style of plain ol' punk rock you'll find something to like about The Fad.

Give it a listen

Pickitup Pickitup Pickitup

No comments:

Post a Comment