10/10/2009

Butcher The Bar - Sleep At Your Own Speed (2008)



There's a sufficient lack of good singer-songwriters these days, it's a real shame. But then again, that just makes finding a good one that much sweeter doesn't it? Enter "Butcher The Bar".

I know next to nothing about this guy other than the fact that he's awesome and he's british.

There are a few things about this guy that I really love. For starters, his voice. Dat voice. It's quiet and soothing like nothing else you've ever heard, think Elliott Smith but quieter and you might be halfway there. Oh, and the instrumentation on this album is killer. He pulls a Shugo Tokumaru by playing a few more instruments than just acoustic guitar, which makes some of his songs stand out from the standard indie-folk affair.

Seriously, give it a go. I don't think you'll regret it. I guarentee some of his songs will make your heart melt.

Give it a listen

I'd like to butcher HIS bar, if you know what I mean...I mean buy his album

No comments:

Post a Comment