16/01/2010

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin Outtakes



This is just a small post I'm making because I care.

The Flaming Lips are one of my favorite bands and I recently bought (hey, some of us have to do it) The Soft Bulletin 2009 reissue and was happy to discover it came with a little bonus CD that contains 3 songs that were cut from The Soft Bulletin. Now I'm sure a lot of you guys already have these since they also came with The Soft Bulletin 5.1 but that wasn't released everywhere so a lot of people missed out on these songs.

They're great tracks, real top notch stuff. The Captain, has to be one of the coolest Flaming Lips songs I've heard, with a sort of shoegaze (a la My Bloody Valentine) sound to it. There's also the undeniably sweet Satellite of You, which is just one big ol' metaphor for love. Awww, bless.

So, grab it if you don't already got it.

Give it a listen

Double 180 gram LP reissue of one of the greatest albums of all time, complete with bonus cd of outtakes that are as good as the stuff that made the cut? Huh...I might buy that

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you REALLY like the Flaming Lips, eh? I need to check them out sometime soon

    ReplyDelete