08/12/2009

A Weather - Cove (2008)



Well, long time no post. I think I've posted enough emo albums to last you all a good while (which is a shame, because I actually had a few more I wanted to share but I guess I'll save those for a rainy day). So to take a break from all that noisey, angsty, emotional bullshit here's a quiet, innocent and truly heartfelt album by some band you've never heard of. Does that sound good? Well, ever onwards then!

Again, this is one of those albums I've completely forgotten the story to - that is to say, I have no idea how I heard about it or got my hands on it but I have to admit, I wouldn't have it any other way. It seems so magical as a result.

A Weather are from all over the place, but they're based in Oregon which is where they make all those quiet, innocent, heartfelt songs I went on about before. And as far as I'm aware this is their only album as of now, and it's beautiful. Nine songs. That's all it is. Nine wonderful songs, each with its own story and personality. It's one of those albums were it's so hard to choose your favorite track because they're all amazing and unique. The one thing they all have in common is this very "hush" sound that makes listening to this album a very personal experience; it's like the band is whispering to you (telling you everything is going to be alright...ish). The lyrics are part of their charm as well, telling tales of heartbreak and the like. It's all stuff we can relate to and it really does add to that personal element I was just chattering on about.

And come on, the band themselves describes their songs as “The things that stuffed animals might tell you if they’d had a few too many.” If that doesn't appeal to you then I honestly think there's very little hope for you.

Give it a listen

It's like the band is whispering to me...they're saying "buy our album"

No comments:

Post a Comment