16/12/2009

The Lillingtons - Death By Television (1999)



I was thinking of what to upload and post about today. I still have a lot of emo albums I want to share (left over from emo week!) but I feel like you, the reader, need a break from all that emocore nonsense. But then I was struggling to think of what I could possibly upload. Hmm...

Oh, what this? One of the greatest pop-punk albums ever? An album that is criminally overlooked by the public and critics alike? Sounds like the kind of thing I usually post around here, so why change now?

Well...actually, I feel like I've overhyped it now. Don't be expecting some album that will change your life and make you a better person, because this album ain't gonna do the trick. Don't get me wrong, it certainly is a masterpiece but only in the sense of it's the best at what it does. And what it does is throw countless two-minute punk tracks at you, each with catchy guitar hooks and melodies and choruses you'll be shouting *ahem* singing along to in no time.

Give it a whirl. You need some decent, manly punk to get you away from that sissy, emotional stuff.

Give it a listen

I want to be man and men BUY their music

No comments:

Post a Comment